SCOTT COUNTY, Tenn. - A man accused in a Christmas Eve murder and robbery in Scott County, Virginia could serve life in prison after a plea deal.
Daniel Eugene Norris was scheduled to stand trial on capital murder charges, but instead decided to enter an Alford Plea, which does not admit guilt but agrees the prosecution has enough evidence to convict him.
The charges stem from a 2011 crime that left Gregory Jerome Hale dead near his home in Nicklesville.
Norris could be sentenced to life in prison.
If he had been convicted of capital murder he could have received the death penalty.
- GOP opens new campaign spot in Washington County Tennessee
- Johnson City hosts first Kidney Foundation charity walk in the region
- Virginia State Police investigate deadly motorcycle crash
- Blood drive honors recovering Volunteer Parkway shooting victim
- Buchanan County Sheriff's Office investigates death of elderly man