SCOTT COUNTY, Tenn. - A man accused in a Christmas Eve murder and robbery in Scott County, Virginia could serve life in prison after a plea deal.
Daniel Eugene Norris was scheduled to stand trial on capital murder charges, but instead decided to enter an Alford Plea, which does not admit guilt but agrees the prosecution has enough evidence to convict him.
The charges stem from a 2011 crime that left Gregory Jerome Hale dead near his home in Nicklesville.
Norris could be sentenced to life in prison.
If he had been convicted of capital murder he could have received the death penalty.
- Kidnapping suspect still on the run, after statewide AMBER Alert is canceled
- Lightning strikes BVU sub station in North Bristol, 3,700 customers without power
- Johnson City woman forces her way into occupied motel room
- Thousands of flags placed on veterans' graves for Memorial day
- Foreign suspect sends bomb threat by fax to Meadowview Center in Kingsport