SCOTT COUNTY, Va. - Scott County, Virginia authorities say a man drowned in their county over the weekend.
Family members tell us Steve Burke died while riding a horse Saturday near Bark Camp Lake at the Scott County-Wise County line.
We're told Burke took the horse to water, the horse got spooked and fell into the water and Burke couldn't get back to the surface.
- Johnson City man found guilty of second degree murder
- Five people running for three seats on Johnson City Commission
- Weighing options for ambulance services in Hawkins County
- Animal shelter needs help with overcrowding, charging less for adoption
- Local firefighters had rare opportunity to train in a real life setting