SCOTT COUNTY, Va. - A Scott County, Virginia man is facing charges in connection with a child rape investigation.
News 5 has learned 57-year-old Charles Edward Burke was arrested after Lieutenant Chris Holder, with the Scott County Sheriff's Office, says Burke admitted to raping a child under the age of 18.
Sheriff John Puckett says evidence was collected, including DNA.
The investigation is continuing.
- Updated Lightning strikes BVU sub station in North Bristol, 3,700 customers without power
- Johnson City woman forces her way into occupied motel room
- Thousands of flags placed on veterans' graves for Memorial day
- Foreign suspect sends bomb threat by fax to Meadowview Center in Kingsport
- Elizabethton Police investigating toddler's death