SCOTT COUNTY, Va. - A Scott County, Virginia man is facing charges in connection with a child rape investigation.
News 5 has learned 57-year-old Charles Edward Burke was arrested after Lieutenant Chris Holder, with the Scott County Sheriff's Office, says Burke admitted to raping a child under the age of 18.
Sheriff John Puckett says evidence was collected, including DNA.
The investigation is continuing.
- Updated UPDATE: Suspects were living in Saltville murder victim's home
- Lawyer: Experts say man who beheaded son ready for release
- ETSU restructures Forbes' contract for bonuses
- Supreme Court mainly rules for black voters in Virginia case
- Report: Pennsylvania woman shoots husband after casserole argument