SCOTT COUNTY, Va. - A Scott County, Virginia man is facing charges in connection with a child rape investigation.
News 5 has learned 57-year-old Charles Edward Burke was arrested after Lieutenant Chris Holder, with the Scott County Sheriff's Office, says Burke admitted to raping a child under the age of 18.
Sheriff John Puckett says evidence was collected, including DNA.
The investigation is continuing.
- Person of interest identified in Washington County, Va. shooting
- Local overcrowded animal shelter fighting to avoid euthanasia
- More law enforcement agencies in our region looking to carry a lifesaving drug
- Norton clinic improving health for black lung patients
- Lowe's Heroes Project making improvements to Cherokee Elementary School