SCOTT COUNTY, Tenn. - It wasn't flooding in Duffield, Virginia on Thursday, but a downed power line and fire caused problems there.
A major power line brought down by Wednesday's storms set off an electrical fire that has left a family wondering what to do next. There are now major electrical problems for their home and a total loss of a garage used by the husband's repair business.
Connie Addington and her family were in Kingsport at the time. "[Our] neighbor called us and told us that they had seen smoke over there. He thought that our place was on fire and we jumped in the car, but the storm was so bad we couldn't get here. It took us forever to get here," she said.
A rental property was also damaged, but that occupant was also not at home at the time of the fire.
- Final contract signed to transfer Sullivan North to Kingsport City Schools
- Gov. amends SWVa. lawmaker's bill to raise fine for driving slowly in left lane
- Neighbors propose traffic mural for Johnson City Tree Streets
- Enjoying record high heat in February
- "Compassion International" exhibition in Gray this weekend