SCOTT COUNTY, Va. - We have an update on a story we brought to you last week -- two Gate City High School students faced a judge Monday after police say they were conspiring to commit murder.
Police tell us they are accused of threatening to kill another student on Facebook.
We've learned their court date has been set for October 28. They were sent back to the juvenile detention center after leaving court.
The Scott County sheriff tells us two students, a 17-year-old boy and 16-year-old girl, posted comments on Facebook that said they were going to shoot and kill another student over bullying comments.
Gate City High School, along with other schools in the community, were put on lockdown when it happened while authorities looked for a gun.
- ETSU student charged following gorilla mask incident at Black Lives Matter protest
- Carter County deputy, former 'Southern Justice' star, charged with murder
- ETSU administration quickly organizes meeting to start conversations about race
- Recovery action walk raises awareness in Wise County
- Police searching for kidnapping suspect