SCOTT COUNTY, Va. - A jury finds a Bristol, Tennessee man guilty of murder and he now could face a life behind bars.
Charlie Joe Ramey was found guilty of Felony First-Degree Murder Thursday in the 2011 Christmas Day murder of Gregory Hale in Scott County, Virginia.
The jury recommends Ramey serve a life sentence and pay a $75,000 fine. Ramey was also given 30 years on a robbery charge and another 10 years on a drug-related charge.
A judge will decide how he will serve his sentence on July 24th.
- FTC, Wellmont and MSHA speak in front of SWVa. Health Authority
- VP candidate Pence not hurt when plane skids off runway
- Chelsea Clinton garnering young voters at Appalachian State University
- Kingsport man trying to make Halloween attractions accessible to all
- Tennessee voters encouraged to vote early