SCOTT COUNTY, Va. - There are new facts in the case of two people accused of child abuse. After checking with the Commonwealth's Attorney's office, we found out a grand jury has indicted the two on those charges on Tuesday.
As we first reported in August,the Scott County Sheriff's Office says Crystal Gail Smith and Donald Wayne Snodgrass of Nickelsville, Virginia are both being charged with felony abuse and neglect. Snodgrass faces an additional charge for aggravated malicious wounding of a child.
Deputies say they found smith's 14-month-old child with two black eyes, a bruised arm, and a knot on his head. They found the child at a home on Sabras Chapel Road.
A trial date has not been set.
- Final contract signed to transfer Sullivan North to Kingsport City Schools
- Gov. amends SWVa. lawmaker's bill to raise fine for driving slowly in left lane
- Neighbors propose traffic mural for Johnson City Tree Streets
- Enjoying record high heat in February
- "Compassion International" exhibition in Gray this weekend