SCOTT COUNTY, Va. - There are new facts in the case of two people accused of child abuse. After checking with the Commonwealth's Attorney's office, we found out a grand jury has indicted the two on those charges on Tuesday.
As we first reported in August,the Scott County Sheriff's Office says Crystal Gail Smith and Donald Wayne Snodgrass of Nickelsville, Virginia are both being charged with felony abuse and neglect. Snodgrass faces an additional charge for aggravated malicious wounding of a child.
Deputies say they found smith's 14-month-old child with two black eyes, a bruised arm, and a knot on his head. They found the child at a home on Sabras Chapel Road.
A trial date has not been set.
- Updated Local firefighters had rare opportunity to train in a real life setting
- New Tri Cities Regional Airport celebrates completion of construction
- Jury is out in first-degree murder case of Johnson City man
- Volunteer firefighters responded to RV fire in Bluff City
- Two men charged in the fatal shooting of Zaevion Dobson