GATE CITY, Va. - A Gate City man is facing felony child endangerment charges after police say they pulled him over for drinking and driving.
Johnny Ramey is charged with DUI, reckless disregard for life, possession of drugs and drinking while driving.
Gate City police say they pulled Ramey over Monday after they saw him swerve. They say his 11-year-old son was in the truck with him.
Ramey told officers he had taken two Lortabs and two Klonopin and had drank a couple of beers.
Police say they also found two Xanax pills in his pocket and an open beer in his truck.
Ramey is in the Duffield Regional Jail.
- ETSU student charged following gorilla mask incident at Black Lives Matter protest
- Carter County deputy, former 'Southern Justice' star, charged with murder
- Updated Recovery action walk raises awareness in Wise County
- Police searching for kidnapping suspect
- Southwest VA school gets national recognition