GATE CITY, Va. - A brand new music series is coming to Gate City, Virginia.
It's called the "Kickin' Back at King Alley" series.
Gate City is trying to boost downtown business by bringing free concerts every Friday to King Alley until Aug. 22.
A stage will be set up at the intersection of Jackson and Kane streets.
Town manager Greg Jones says the city wants a music venue to go along with its rich cultural heritage. "We have great acoustics here, we have room to set up a band, it gives a good intimate location, and people can come and listen to the good music and shop at our downtown businesses.," Jones says.
Jones says there will be several music genres featured at the concerts including blue grass, classic rock and roll, and beach music.
The first concert featuring Clinch Mountain Mojo is Saturday at 6:30 p.m.
- Police: Car plows into parade crowd in New Orleans; 12 hurt
- VA Gubernatorial Candidate campaigning in Southwest Virginia
- Mall at Johnson City full of race cars for season preview
- Final contract signed to transfer Sullivan North to Kingsport City Schools
- Gov. amends SWVa. lawmaker's bill to raise fine for driving slowly in left lane