GATE CITY, Va. - A brand new music series is coming to Gate City, Virginia.
It's called the "Kickin' Back at King Alley" series.
Gate City is trying to boost downtown business by bringing free concerts every Friday to King Alley until Aug. 22.
A stage will be set up at the intersection of Jackson and Kane streets.
Town manager Greg Jones says the city wants a music venue to go along with its rich cultural heritage. "We have great acoustics here, we have room to set up a band, it gives a good intimate location, and people can come and listen to the good music and shop at our downtown businesses.," Jones says.
Jones says there will be several music genres featured at the concerts including blue grass, classic rock and roll, and beach music.
The first concert featuring Clinch Mountain Mojo is Saturday at 6:30 p.m.
- Rabies vaccinations offered in Southwest Virginia
- Sports injury seminar aimed to teach coaches how to keep athletes healthy
- Children given free winter coats at the 17th annual Coats For Kids
- Unusual investigation leads to arrest of Bristol, Va. man
- Local agencies participating in National Drug Take-Back Day