SCOTT COUNTY, Va. - Developing news at this hour in downtown Marion, Va.
Smyth County EMS Coordinator Charles Harrington says gasoline has been found in the sanitary sewer lines downtown.
Crews are working to determine the source of the gasoline in the sanitary sewer along North Main Street. There is no danger to the public. Hazmat crews are containing the gasoline, and tracking its source and the amount of contamination to the sewer system.
Hazmat teams are checking it right now, but if you smell fumes in your business or home, you should call the Sheriff's Department immediately at 276-783-2704.
- Rabies vaccinations offered in Southwest Virginia
- Sports injury seminar aimed to teach coaches how to keep athletes healthy
- Children given free winter coats at the 17th annual Coats For Kids
- Unusual investigation leads to arrest of Bristol, Va. man
- Local agencies participating in National Drug Take-Back Day