SCOTT COUNTY, Va. - Developing news at this hour in downtown Marion, Va.
Smyth County EMS Coordinator Charles Harrington says gasoline has been found in the sanitary sewer lines downtown.
Crews are working to determine the source of the gasoline in the sanitary sewer along North Main Street. There is no danger to the public. Hazmat crews are containing the gasoline, and tracking its source and the amount of contamination to the sewer system.
Hazmat teams are checking it right now, but if you smell fumes in your business or home, you should call the Sheriff's Department immediately at 276-783-2704.
- New More sponsors for measure to repeal HB2, keep restrictions
- New West Virginia Senate would penalize sharing explicit images
- New Authorities investigating Carter County pharmacy armed robbery
- New Tennessee man faces negligent homicide charge in toddler's death
- New Instagram post leads to sex offender being sent back to prison