SCOTT COUNTY, Va. - Developing news at this hour in downtown Marion, Va.
Smyth County EMS Coordinator Charles Harrington says gasoline has been found in the sanitary sewer lines downtown.
Crews are working to determine the source of the gasoline in the sanitary sewer along North Main Street. There is no danger to the public. Hazmat crews are containing the gasoline, and tracking its source and the amount of contamination to the sewer system.
Hazmat teams are checking it right now, but if you smell fumes in your business or home, you should call the Sheriff's Department immediately at 276-783-2704.
- ETSU student charged following gorilla mask incident at Black Lives Matter protest
- Carter County deputy, former 'Southern Justice' star, charged with murder
- ETSU administration quickly organizes meeting to start conversations about race
- Recovery action walk raises awareness in Wise County
- Police searching for kidnapping suspect