SCOTT COUNTY, Va. - Developing news at this hour in downtown Marion, Va.
Smyth County EMS Coordinator Charles Harrington says gasoline has been found in the sanitary sewer lines downtown.
Crews are working to determine the source of the gasoline in the sanitary sewer along North Main Street. There is no danger to the public. Hazmat crews are containing the gasoline, and tracking its source and the amount of contamination to the sewer system.
Hazmat teams are checking it right now, but if you smell fumes in your business or home, you should call the Sheriff's Department immediately at 276-783-2704.
- Updated Umpire at Little League World Series is from Abindgon
- Updated Take a two-day train excursion through West Virginia
- Updated Workforce development grant providing students training opportunities
- Local kids get an educational tour of the Appalachian Fair
- Lee County man sentenced to 13 years for sexual assault against minor