SCOTT COUNTY, Va. - Developing news at this hour in downtown Marion, Va.
Smyth County EMS Coordinator Charles Harrington says gasoline has been found in the sanitary sewer lines downtown.
Crews are working to determine the source of the gasoline in the sanitary sewer along North Main Street. There is no danger to the public. Hazmat crews are containing the gasoline, and tracking its source and the amount of contamination to the sewer system.
Hazmat teams are checking it right now, but if you smell fumes in your business or home, you should call the Sheriff's Department immediately at 276-783-2704.
- Ceremony honors female veterans at Mountain Home National Cemetery
- Johnson City Memorial Day ceremony goes off without hitch, despite stolen flags
- Mountain Home National Cemetery honoring fallen service members on Memorial Day
- Free meals for children in Kingsport begin Tuesday
- Police: Man fired AK-47 from car while driving down highway