Kids at Fort Blackmore Primary School in Scott County, Virginia, are getting a brand new playground.
The project took nearly three years to finish. Parents and members of the community applied for grants and held fundraisers.
They were able to raise more than $20,000 in less than a year, school officials told News 5. It had been more than 15 years since any of the equipment on the old playground had been upgraded.
- Police: Multiple officers injured after shooting in Georgia
- Science Hill parents react to news of former booster president stealing money
- Speedway in Lights illuminating the night sky for opening night
- Speedway in Lights: new light displays and old favorites
- Sullivan County breaks ground on new middle school; changes coming for Kingsport schools