GATE CITY, Va. - Virginia State Police investigators are looking into allegations against a former Gate City Police Chief.
Virginia State Police spokeswoman Corinne Geller tells News 5 their Criminal Investigation Division in Wytheville got information at the end of 2013 regarding the possibility of insurance fraud involving former Gate City police chief Kim Birchfield.
That information led to the start of an investigation into those claims.
Geller said investigation is ongoing and no charges have been filed. No arrests have been made.
- Ceremony honors female veterans at Mountain Home National Cemetery
- Johnson City Memorial Day ceremony goes off without hitch, despite stolen flags
- Mountain Home National Cemetery honoring fallen service members on Memorial Day
- Free meals for children in Kingsport begin Tuesday
- Police: Man fired AK-47 from car while driving down highway