GATE CITY, Va. - Virginia State Police investigators are looking into allegations against a former Gate City Police Chief.
Virginia State Police spokeswoman Corinne Geller tells News 5 their Criminal Investigation Division in Wytheville got information at the end of 2013 regarding the possibility of insurance fraud involving former Gate City police chief Kim Birchfield.
That information led to the start of an investigation into those claims.
Geller said investigation is ongoing and no charges have been filed. No arrests have been made.
- New Third suspect in Nashville tourist's death arrested
- Updated Virginia city may consider "In God We Trust" motto for its city hall
- Body discovered near Guest River Gorge
- Red carpet rolled out in Bristol for the movie premiere of 'Believe'
- Rime ice caps area mountain tops just days after record highs