GATE CITY, Va. - Virginia State Police investigators are looking into allegations against a former Gate City Police Chief.
Virginia State Police spokeswoman Corinne Geller tells News 5 their Criminal Investigation Division in Wytheville got information at the end of 2013 regarding the possibility of insurance fraud involving former Gate City police chief Kim Birchfield.
That information led to the start of an investigation into those claims.
Geller said investigation is ongoing and no charges have been filed. No arrests have been made.
- New 'Aerial Adventure' ropes course opens at ETSU
- Confederate nurse honored more than 150 years after Civil War
- Gov. Haslam hosts Appalachian Regional Commission conference
- Multiple agencies search for escaped inmate out of Washington County, Tenn.
- Local recycling practices both benefit and cost their cities