SCOTT COUNTY, Va. - Investigators in Scott County, Virginia are looking for answers after a woman's body was found in a ditch on the side of a road.
We're told a passerby called 911 around 9:00 Sunday morning after seeing a body in a ditch near Clinch River Highway.
Sheriff John Puckett tells us the woman was identified as Mary Darnell of Dungannon, Virginia.
The details of Darnell's death are not known at this time.
An autopsy is set for Tuesday.
- Five people running for three seats on Johnson City Commission
- Weighing options for ambulance services in Hawkins County
- Animal shelter needs help with overcrowding, charging less for adoption
- Local firefighters had rare opportunity to train in a real life setting
- Tri Cities Regional Airport celebrates completion of construction