SCOTT COUNTY, Virginia - Weber City police say they solved the case of two people withdrawing cash from another person's account at an ATM.
Chief Philip Lane tells us it was after we aired their picture on News 5 that the department received a call. The man you see in the attached photo is the one that called.
As it turns out, it was just a mix-up. Apparently, the person who had used the ATM before these people forgot to close the account.
They told police they thought they had properly withdrawn cash from their own account.
Chief Lane says both parties are working it out with the bank Tuesday.
Weber City Police remind you to make sure you close out of your account when you use an ATM.
- Updated Lightning strikes BVU sub station in North Bristol, 3,700 customers without power
- Johnson City woman forces her way into occupied motel room
- Thousands of flags placed on veterans' graves for Memorial day
- Foreign suspect sends bomb threat by fax to Meadowview Center in Kingsport
- Elizabethton Police investigating toddler's death