SCOTT COUNTY, Virginia - Weber City police say they solved the case of two people withdrawing cash from another person's account at an ATM.
Chief Philip Lane tells us it was after we aired their picture on News 5 that the department received a call. The man you see in the attached photo is the one that called.
As it turns out, it was just a mix-up. Apparently, the person who had used the ATM before these people forgot to close the account.
They told police they thought they had properly withdrawn cash from their own account.
Chief Lane says both parties are working it out with the bank Tuesday.
Weber City Police remind you to make sure you close out of your account when you use an ATM.
- Final contract signed to transfer Sullivan North to Kingsport City Schools
- Gov. amends SWVa. lawmaker's bill to raise fine for driving slowly in left lane
- Neighbors propose traffic mural for Johnson City Tree Streets
- Enjoying record high heat in February
- "Compassion International" exhibition in Gray this weekend