Virginia Governor Bob McDonnell has named nearly four dozen people to take a look at school policies and funding challenges in the wake of the Connecticut elementary school massacre.
The task force of school and campus safety is made up of state and local leaders, lawmakers, public safety experts, parents and students.
The panel will provide legislative and budget proposals by the end of January and submit a final report by the end of June.
The 45-member panel meets for the first time on January 14th.
- UPDATE: 29-year-old miner suffers several broken bones in Buchanan County
- Dozens disappointed after local legislators a no-show at meeting in Johnson City
- Crews will scale back the search effort for a missing man on South Holston Lake
- Democratic candidate for Virginia Governor discusses improving Southwest Virginia economy
- One person dead in Sunday morning car crash