Virginia Governor Bob McDonnell has named nearly four dozen people to take a look at school policies and funding challenges in the wake of the Connecticut elementary school massacre.
The task force of school and campus safety is made up of state and local leaders, lawmakers, public safety experts, parents and students.
The panel will provide legislative and budget proposals by the end of January and submit a final report by the end of June.
The 45-member panel meets for the first time on January 14th.
- Thousands of flags placed on veterans' graves for Memorial day
- Foreign suspect sends bomb threat by fax to Meadowview Center in Kingsport
- Elizabethton Police investigating toddler's death
- Bristol, Va. firefighters post billboards ahead of public hearing
- Two boys charged with reckless burning in Kingsport IGA fire