BRISTOL, Va. - An online scam is using a new tourist attraction to attract potential victims.
Staff members from the Birthplace of Country Music Museum contacted us about a bogus online job posting on Craigslist.
The museum staff is warning potential applicants that the museum does not use Craigslist as means for advertising openings and they currently do not have any open positions.
Officials believe this is likely a scam trying to collect personal information.
Staff members have also contacted police.
- Updated One dead, one seriously injured in Smyth County hit-and-run
- Tri-Cities native auctioning off Battle at Bristol tickets to help Louisiana flood victims
- Kids learn from visit to Appalachian Fair
- Johnson County school kids process accident, victim worsens
- One person flown to hospital after bicycle and truck crash in Jonesborough