RUSSELL COUNTY, Va. - A woman from Honaker, Va. is without a home after a house fire.
It happened Tuesday on Romia Road.
We've learned a 76-year-old woman lived in the house and was home at the time of the fire, but she was able to evacuate without injury.
The cause of the fire is suspected to be a wood stove, but it is still under investigation.
The woman is being helped by the American Red Cross.
- Johnson City man found guilty of second degree murder
- Five people running for three seats on Johnson City Commission
- Weighing options for ambulance services in Hawkins County
- Animal shelter needs help with overcrowding, charging less for adoption
- Local firefighters had rare opportunity to train in a real life setting