SWORDS CREKK, Va. - Russell County authorities arrested a suspect in a shooting that sent a woman to the hospital.
Major Bill Watson says they arrested Ethel Seretta Cole and charged her with unlawful shooting of a person and for firing a weapon into an occupied dwelling. Both of those charges are felonies.
Authorities say it started with a dispute between Cole and her husband at their home on Miller Creek Road in the Swords Creek community.
They believe Cole grabbed a .38 caliber and fired two shots towards a wall. The victim was in another room when the bullet hit her in the neck.
Investigators believe the victim's six-year-old child was there when it happened. The victim was flown to Bristol Regional Medical Center.
- New UPDATE: Keene sentenced to 60 years
- Convicted cop killer lingering on death row, costly to taxpayers
- Bristol, Va., woman charged with malicious wounding
- Man convicted of vehicular homicide by intoxication denied new trial
- Former Norton parks and recreation supervisor to plead guilty in sex scandal