A man arrested two days after serving jail time for sodomy and sexual battery charges pleaded guilty to another set of sex charges in Russell County, Virginia on Thursday.
Kevin Lynn Johnson will serve a total of 20 years after the judge suspended a portion of the sentence.
He was originally charged in July 2016 with 28 counts of using a communication device to solicit a sex act or sexting.
The Russell County Sheriff's Office reported that Johnson had been released from jail on June 20, 2016 after serving a sex crime sentence for cases in Washington County, Virginia. Investigators said he began sending sexually-explicit messages to a juvenile the day after he was out of police custody.
- Updated Scott County students receive shoes and socks from Rotary Club Shoe Fund
- Updated Union's James Mitchell commits to Virginia Tech
- Sullivan County dispatcher honored for successful baby delivery over the phone
- "Wreaths Across America" underway at the Mountain Home National Cemetery
- Students helping fellow students at Science Hill High School