Two Russell County men, one of which was a guard at the Southwest Virginia Regional Jail, pleaded guilty Tuesday to federal conspiracy and bribe charges.
Justin Andrew Brown, 23, and Robert Lewis Jones, 25, both of Lebanon, Va., accepted plea agreements and will be sentenced on October 30.
Brown was a guard at the Abingdon facility and prosecutors said he was approached in July 2015 by an inmate who wanted to work out a deal for money in exchange for Brown smuggling in nude pictures of his girlfriend, according to court documents obtained by News 5.
Brown believed he would get a $10,000 payout for the exchange for the pictures and tobacco products and he asked Jones to "watch his back" during the meeting with a cooperating witness, the report said.
- New Johnson City kids got to 'shop with a cop' for all the gifts on their list
- New Dozens gather in Johnson City to remember Sandy Hook tragedy
- Net neutrality repeal worries ETSU students; how it could affect your internet bill
- SINCLAIR CARES: Know your toys and age limits this Christmas season
- United Way Washington County collects $1.5M- short of $1.8M goal