Two Russell County men, one of which was a guard at the Southwest Virginia Regional Jail, pleaded guilty Tuesday to federal conspiracy and bribe charges.
Justin Andrew Brown, 23, and Robert Lewis Jones, 25, both of Lebanon, Va., accepted plea agreements and will be sentenced on October 30.
Brown was a guard at the Abingdon facility and prosecutors said he was approached in July 2015 by an inmate who wanted to work out a deal for money in exchange for Brown smuggling in nude pictures of his girlfriend, according to court documents obtained by News 5.
Brown believed he would get a $10,000 payout for the exchange for the pictures and tobacco products and he asked Jones to "watch his back" during the meeting with a cooperating witness, the report said.
- Victim of domestic violence speaks out; hopes to inspire others to seek help
- Kingsport city hall may be moving; officials examining costs to city
- Seat belt usage in Virginia reaches record high
- Police: Johnson City man arrested after pointing gun at store clerk
- Church Hill man pleads guilty to sexual exploitation of a minor