A Tazewell County man has pleaded guilty to an assortment of child sex crimes in Russell County, court records show.
Kenneth Allen Salyers of Cedar Bluff will serve a total of 15 years in prison after a judge suspended 40 of his 55-year sentence following his hearing Tuesday in Circuit Court.
Salyers was originally charged with 75 felonies but they were reduced as part of a plea agreement with the court, the data showed. He was sentenced for five counts of aggravated sexual battery and object sexual penetration and one count of production of child pornography.
Investigators said the crimes took place between July 2013 and August 2015.
- Smyth County animal shelter temporarily shutting down
- Kingsport Police arrest man wanted in multiple cities
- Scott County students receive shoes and socks from Rotary Club Shoe Fund
- Union's James Mitchell commits to Virginia Tech
- Sullivan County dispatcher honored for successful baby delivery over the phone