RUSSELL CO., Virginia - Investigators tell us a man is facing charges, accused of shooting and killing his wife.
Russell County Sheriff's Chief Deputy Bill Watson told us they've charged 69-year-old Jack Crabtree with second degree murder in the shooting death of his wife, 71-year-old Bertha Crabtree.
The shooting happened around 11a.m. on February 3 on Cleveland Heights Road in the town of Cleveland.
Deputies are not saying what led up to the gunfire.
- UPDATE: 29-year-old miner suffers several broken bones in Buchanan County
- Dozens disappointed after local legislators a no-show at meeting in Johnson City
- Crews will scale back the search effort for a missing man on South Holston Lake
- Democratic candidate for Virginia Governor discusses improving Southwest Virginia economy
- One person dead in Sunday morning car crash