RUSSELL CO., Virginia - Investigators tell us a man is facing charges, accused of shooting and killing his wife.
Russell County Sheriff's Chief Deputy Bill Watson told us they've charged 69-year-old Jack Crabtree with second degree murder in the shooting death of his wife, 71-year-old Bertha Crabtree.
The shooting happened around 11a.m. on February 3 on Cleveland Heights Road in the town of Cleveland.
Deputies are not saying what led up to the gunfire.
- ETSU student arraigned, has November court date
- Endangered Child Alert issued for 13-year-old girl
- Updated Search underway for endangered child and suspected kidnapper
- ETSU protest crasher appears in court, peaceful rally continues on campus
- Tennessee Highway Patrol alerts drivers about gunshots on I-81