RUSSELL CO., Virginia - Investigators tell us a man is facing charges, accused of shooting and killing his wife.
Russell County Sheriff's Chief Deputy Bill Watson told us they've charged 69-year-old Jack Crabtree with second degree murder in the shooting death of his wife, 71-year-old Bertha Crabtree.
The shooting happened around 11a.m. on February 3 on Cleveland Heights Road in the town of Cleveland.
Deputies are not saying what led up to the gunfire.
- New Serial burglar guilty of costly raid at Simon Cowell's home
- New Pedestrian killed trying to cross interstate in Asheville
- Trial date set for Sullivan County man charged with child sex crimes
- Man sentenced after trying to bring meth to Lee County inmates
- Supreme Court may strike law barring sex offenders from social media