RUSSELL CO., Virginia - Investigators tell us a man is facing charges, accused of shooting and killing his wife.
Russell County Sheriff's Chief Deputy Bill Watson told us they've charged 69-year-old Jack Crabtree with second degree murder in the shooting death of his wife, 71-year-old Bertha Crabtree.
The shooting happened around 11a.m. on February 3 on Cleveland Heights Road in the town of Cleveland.
Deputies are not saying what led up to the gunfire.
- Johnson City man found guilty of second degree murder
- Five people running for three seats on Johnson City Commission
- Weighing options for ambulance services in Hawkins County
- Animal shelter needs help with overcrowding, charging less for adoption
- Local firefighters had rare opportunity to train in a real life setting