RUSSELL COUNTY, Va. - A man accused of shooting a teenager in the face has been appointed a public defender.
David Lee Meadows is charged with attempted first degree murder and possession of a firearm by a convicted felon.
Russell County, Virginia deputies say he shot a 17-year-old in the face last week. Click here to read more.
At last check, authorities believed the teenager would survive the shooting.
Meadows is being held without bond at the Southwest Regional Jail in Abingdon. He will go back to court on May 8, 2014.
- Johnson City woman forces her way into occupied motel room
- Lightening strikes BVU sub station in North Bristol, 3,700 customers without power
- Thousands of flags placed on veterans' graves for Memorial day
- Foreign suspect sends bomb threat by fax to Meadowview Center in Kingsport
- Elizabethton Police investigating toddler's death