RUSSELL COUNTY, Va. - A Southwest Virginia official has been indicted on an election fraud charge.
Larry Rasnake is the Cleveland Elementary School principal, transportation supervisor and a member of the Russell County Board of Supervisors.
Rasnake is accused of listing a false residence in 2011 in order to be a candidate for the Russell County Board of Supervisors, which is a Class Five felony.
The charge carries a penalty of up to 10 years in prison.
Rasnake has been released on bond. His trial is set for July.
- Updated Update on Proposed Methadone Clinic for Gray
- Washington County, Virginia man charged with rape of child
- EPA, USDA announces initiative to help bring broadband service to Erwin
- Previously missing Russell County woman found unharmed in Georgia
- Major decision expected Wednesday in relation to proposed Gray methadone clinic