RUSSELL COUNTY, Va. - A Southwest Virginia official has been indicted on an election fraud charge.
Larry Rasnake is the Cleveland Elementary School principal, transportation supervisor and a member of the Russell County Board of Supervisors.
Rasnake is accused of listing a false residence in 2011 in order to be a candidate for the Russell County Board of Supervisors, which is a Class Five felony.
The charge carries a penalty of up to 10 years in prison.
Rasnake has been released on bond. His trial is set for July.
- Johnson City man found guilty of second degree murder
- Five people running for three seats on Johnson City Commission
- Weighing options for ambulance services in Hawkins County
- Animal shelter needs help with overcrowding, charging less for adoption
- Local firefighters had rare opportunity to train in a real life setting