RUSSELL COUNTY, Va. - A Southwest Virginia official has been indicted on an election fraud charge.
Larry Rasnake is the Cleveland Elementary School principal, transportation supervisor and a member of the Russell County Board of Supervisors.
Rasnake is accused of listing a false residence in 2011 in order to be a candidate for the Russell County Board of Supervisors, which is a Class Five felony.
The charge carries a penalty of up to 10 years in prison.
Rasnake has been released on bond. His trial is set for July.
- Bristol, Va. firefighters post billboards ahead of public hearing
- Two boys charged with reckless burning in Kingsport IGA fire
- Instantly healing technology tested on human in Kingsport
- Union High School Marching Bears performing in National Memorial Day Parade
- Red Onion inmate, D.C. sniper teen could get new trial