RUSSELL COUNTY, Va. - A Southwest Virginia official has been indicted on an election fraud charge.
Larry Rasnake is the Cleveland Elementary School principal, transportation supervisor and a member of the Russell County Board of Supervisors.
Rasnake is accused of listing a false residence in 2011 in order to be a candidate for the Russell County Board of Supervisors, which is a Class Five felony.
The charge carries a penalty of up to 10 years in prison.
Rasnake has been released on bond. His trial is set for July.
- Rabies vaccinations offered in Southwest Virginia
- Sports injury seminar aimed to teach coaches how to keep athletes healthy
- Children given free winter coats at the 17th annual Coats For Kids
- Unusual investigation leads to arrest of Bristol, Va. man
- Local agencies participating in National Drug Take-Back Day