RUSSELL COUNTY, Va. - A Southwest Virginia official has been indicted on an election fraud charge.
Larry Rasnake is the Cleveland Elementary School principal, transportation supervisor and a member of the Russell County Board of Supervisors.
Rasnake is accused of listing a false residence in 2011 in order to be a candidate for the Russell County Board of Supervisors, which is a Class Five felony.
The charge carries a penalty of up to 10 years in prison.
Rasnake has been released on bond. His trial is set for July.
- New Two with ties to Pulse nightclub shooting guests at State of the Union
- New UPDATE: Tennessee hiring Kansas State's Currie as Athletic Director
- New Report: Colon cancer rates rising in younger generations
- New Senate passes bill limiting Tennessee campaign investments
- New Coal miner dies at prep plant owned by WVa Governor