RUSSELL COUNTY, Va. - A Russell County man will spend the next three years in jail following a shooting last year in Russell County.
Twenty-four-year old Marcus Drew Carter was convicted of involuntary manslaughter and reckless handling of a firearm.
He received a total of three years in prison.
Investigators say Carter killed 24-year old Lindon Baines Johnson JR.
That shooting happened at a home on Molls Creek Road in Castlewood last year.
According to the criminal complaint, Carter said he was shooting at an animal or an unidentified object that turned out to be Johnson.
- Police: Woman dead following shooting in Sullivan County
- Updated Warrant issued, suspect at large in Washington County, Va. shooting
- Updated Police: Roan Mountain fire fighter charged with arson
- Updated Texas teen gets life for death of man who wouldn't buy beer
- Over 30 drug-related arrests made in ‘Operation Autumn Harvest'