RUSSELL COUNTY, Va. - A Russell County man will spend the next three years in jail following a shooting last year in Russell County.
Twenty-four-year old Marcus Drew Carter was convicted of involuntary manslaughter and reckless handling of a firearm.
He received a total of three years in prison.
Investigators say Carter killed 24-year old Lindon Baines Johnson JR.
That shooting happened at a home on Molls Creek Road in Castlewood last year.
According to the criminal complaint, Carter said he was shooting at an animal or an unidentified object that turned out to be Johnson.
- Former addict overcomes addiction, becomes drug court coordinator
- Man with bladed gloves, clown makeup held in Denver stabbing
- US Postal Service issues new Thoreau stamp at Walden Pond
- Derby Day event raises $31,000 for hunger prevention programs in Greene Co.
- Philadelphia man who spent 24 years in prison is exonerated