RUSSELL COUNTY, Va. - A Russell County man will spend the next three years in jail following a shooting last year in Russell County.
Twenty-four-year old Marcus Drew Carter was convicted of involuntary manslaughter and reckless handling of a firearm.
He received a total of three years in prison.
Investigators say Carter killed 24-year old Lindon Baines Johnson JR.
That shooting happened at a home on Molls Creek Road in Castlewood last year.
According to the criminal complaint, Carter said he was shooting at an animal or an unidentified object that turned out to be Johnson.
- Updated Firefighters battle Scott County house fire
- GOP opens new campaign spot in Washington County Tennessee
- Johnson City hosts first Kidney Foundation charity walk in the region
- Virginia State Police investigate deadly motorcycle crash
- Blood drive honors recovering Volunteer Parkway shooting victim