RUSSELL COUNTY, Va. - A Russell County man will spend the next three years in jail following a shooting last year in Russell County.
Twenty-four-year old Marcus Drew Carter was convicted of involuntary manslaughter and reckless handling of a firearm.
He received a total of three years in prison.
Investigators say Carter killed 24-year old Lindon Baines Johnson JR.
That shooting happened at a home on Molls Creek Road in Castlewood last year.
According to the criminal complaint, Carter said he was shooting at an animal or an unidentified object that turned out to be Johnson.
- Police: Car plows into parade crowd in New Orleans; 12 hurt
- VA Gubernatorial Candidate campaigning in Southwest Virginia
- Mall at Johnson City full of race cars for season preview
- Final contract signed to transfer Sullivan North to Kingsport City Schools
- Gov. amends SWVa. lawmaker's bill to raise fine for driving slowly in left lane