RUSSELL COUNTY, Va. - Russell County authorities have worked their 14th fire of the season. News 5 has learned the latest displaced a family Tuesday afternoon.
Russell County Emergency Management says the fire started in the chimney of a house on Grassy Creek Road in Castlewood around five o'clock. Authorities say the fire caused major damage to the home, and several fire departments responded to help douse the flames.
No one was hurt. The Mountain Empire Red Cross is now assisting the family who was displaced by the fire..
If you would like to help the family, call Patty Tauscher at (276) 645-6650.
- Five people running for three seats on Johnson City Commission
- Weighing options for ambulance services in Hawkins County
- Animal shelter needs help with overcrowding, charging less for adoption
- Local firefighters had rare opportunity to train in a real life setting
- Tri Cities Regional Airport celebrates completion of construction