RUSSELL COUNTY, Va. - Russell County authorities have worked their 14th fire of the season. News 5 has learned the latest displaced a family Tuesday afternoon.
Russell County Emergency Management says the fire started in the chimney of a house on Grassy Creek Road in Castlewood around five o'clock. Authorities say the fire caused major damage to the home, and several fire departments responded to help douse the flames.
No one was hurt. The Mountain Empire Red Cross is now assisting the family who was displaced by the fire..
If you would like to help the family, call Patty Tauscher at (276) 645-6650.
- Updated UPDATE: Greene Co. Sheriff says missing teen could be in N.C.
- ETSU student arraigned, has November court date
- Baby makes three Abingdon women in same family born on same day
- Updated UPDATE: Southern Conference to keep championship games in N.C.
- Save the Peeps: Workers of famous marshmallows end strike