HONAKER, Va. - It's a celebration of spring and of color back into an otherwise brown landscape -- it's time for the annual Redbud Festival in Honaker, Virginia.
It's been an annual festival for 33 years for the small community. They have everything from bird walks, a beauty contest, arts and crafts, a canoe race and a special musical show this year.
Honaker mayor C.H. Wallace explains. "We're calling it 'Coalfields Reunion'. We're bringing back a lot of folks from this area that have performed throughout the years, not only for the Honaker Redbud festival, but in Southwest Virginia," he said. "It will take on an Opry-style format. We're looking forward to that."
For more information, click here to visit honakerredbudfest.com.
- Local recycling practices both benefit and cost their cities
- Johnson County woman recovering after vicious dog attack
- Law enforcement search for dangerous inmate that escaped from local jail
- Johnson City woman honored by Girl Scouts of the Southern Appalachians
- Johnson City Cardinals may break 20 year attendance record