HONAKER, Va. - It's a celebration of spring and of color back into an otherwise brown landscape -- it's time for the annual Redbud Festival in Honaker, Virginia.
It's been an annual festival for 33 years for the small community. They have everything from bird walks, a beauty contest, arts and crafts, a canoe race and a special musical show this year.
Honaker mayor C.H. Wallace explains. "We're calling it 'Coalfields Reunion'. We're bringing back a lot of folks from this area that have performed throughout the years, not only for the Honaker Redbud festival, but in Southwest Virginia," he said. "It will take on an Opry-style format. We're looking forward to that."
For more information, click here to visit honakerredbudfest.com.
- New Four months after Johnson City murder, still no suspect
- Updated UPDATE: Suspected Kingsport killer gets $250K bond
- UPDATE: Fresh leads develop in Christmas Eve murder
- Kingsport City Schools unveils new DB Excel facility
- Northeast State Student Veterans of America raising awareness about veteran suicides