RUSSELL COUNTY, Va. - A fox found in Russell County has tested positive for rabies.
The Virginia Department of Health says the fox found July 31 is the fifth rabid animal found in the southwest Virginia county this year.
A local public health official said the county has seen an increase in wild animals testing positive for rabies.
Anyone who might have been exposed to a rabid animal, or suspects a pet was exposed, should call the Russell County Health Department or animal control.
- Updated Union High School Marching Bears performing in National Memorial Day Parade
- Updated Red Onion inmate, D.C. sniper teen could get new trial
- Rock royalty in attendance as Chris Cornell is laid to rest in Hollywood
- Johnson City BOE discusses Washington County tax money plan
- Congress moves to expedite veteran disability benefit appeals