RUSSELL COUNTY, Va. - A fox found in Russell County has tested positive for rabies.
The Virginia Department of Health says the fox found July 31 is the fifth rabid animal found in the southwest Virginia county this year.
A local public health official said the county has seen an increase in wild animals testing positive for rabies.
Anyone who might have been exposed to a rabid animal, or suspects a pet was exposed, should call the Russell County Health Department or animal control.
- Kingsport native identified as victim in Washington state mall shooting
- Local donors, recipients talk about impact of organ and tissue donation
- Bristol Virginia council votes to borrow another three million for The Falls
- Officials hope to get more millennials voting in this presidential election
- Local mental health court to soon hit major milestone