RUSSELL COUNTY, Va. - A fox found in Russell County has tested positive for rabies.
The Virginia Department of Health says the fox found July 31 is the fifth rabid animal found in the southwest Virginia county this year.
A local public health official said the county has seen an increase in wild animals testing positive for rabies.
Anyone who might have been exposed to a rabid animal, or suspects a pet was exposed, should call the Russell County Health Department or animal control.
- Tri-Cities native auctioning off Battle at Bristol tickets to help Louisiana flood victims
- Kids learn from visit to Appalachian Fair
- Johnson County school kids process accident, victim worsens
- One person flown to hospital after bicycle and truck crash in Jonesborough
- Job fair scheduled for Wednesday in Erwin