RUSSELL COUNTY, Va. - A fox found in Russell County has tested positive for rabies.
The Virginia Department of Health says the fox found July 31 is the fifth rabid animal found in the southwest Virginia county this year.
A local public health official said the county has seen an increase in wild animals testing positive for rabies.
Anyone who might have been exposed to a rabid animal, or suspects a pet was exposed, should call the Russell County Health Department or animal control.
- Rabies vaccinations offered in Southwest Virginia
- Sports injury seminar aimed to teach coaches how to keep athletes healthy
- Children given free winter coats at the 17th annual Coats For Kids
- Unusual investigation leads to arrest of Bristol, Va. man
- Local agencies participating in National Drug Take-Back Day