RUSSELL COUNTY, Va. - A malicious wounding investigation led Russell County authorities to a meth lab.
They say Derek Murphy got into a fight on Tuesday night and broke the person's jaw and caused other injuries.
That led authorities to search Murphy's home on Hurricane Drive in Honaker where they say they found two one-pot meth labs.
We're told three children were living in that home and they were taken to the hospital to be checked out. Thy say social services was called to investigate.
Russell County authorities also say they found a lab in an abandoned house near Lewis Creek in Honaker.
They say they are looking for the suspect in that case.
- FTC, Wellmont and MSHA speak in front of SWVa. Health Authority
- VP candidate Pence not hurt when plane skids off runway
- Chelsea Clinton garnering young voters at Appalachian State University
- Kingsport man trying to make Halloween attractions accessible to all
- Tennessee voters encouraged to vote early