RUSSELL COUNTY, Va. - A malicious wounding investigation led Russell County authorities to a meth lab.
They say Derek Murphy got into a fight on Tuesday night and broke the person's jaw and caused other injuries.
That led authorities to search Murphy's home on Hurricane Drive in Honaker where they say they found two one-pot meth labs.
We're told three children were living in that home and they were taken to the hospital to be checked out. Thy say social services was called to investigate.
Russell County authorities also say they found a lab in an abandoned house near Lewis Creek in Honaker.
They say they are looking for the suspect in that case.
- Kidnapping suspect still on the run, after statewide AMBER Alert is canceled
- Lightning strikes BVU sub station in North Bristol, 3,700 customers without power
- Johnson City woman forces her way into occupied motel room
- Thousands of flags placed on veterans' graves for Memorial day
- Foreign suspect sends bomb threat by fax to Meadowview Center in Kingsport