RUSSELL COUNTY, Va. - A Russell County pharmacy tech had her license suspended after police say she stole medications.
Carolyn Fields is charged with embezzlement and drug possession. Police say Fields is accused of illegally diverting an unknown amount of pills while working as a pharmacy technician at Rite Aid in Coeburn, Virginia.
According to Attorney General Mark Herring's office it happened between December 2013 and April 2014.
Police say fields admitted taking eight 100-count bottles of medication -- three used for pain and five used to treat anxiety and panic disorders.
Her license has been suspended pending a hearing.
She is scheduled to be tried on August 8.
- UPDATE: 29-year-old miner suffers several broken bones in Buchanan County
- Democratic candidate for Virginia Governor discusses improving Southwest Virginia economy
- One person dead in Sunday morning car crash
- Dozens of vendors showcase businesses at Home and Garden Show in Johnson City
- Volunteer regional crews assisting in search for Matt Ragan on South Holston Lake