RUSSELL COUNTY, Va. - A Russell County pharmacy tech had her license suspended after police say she stole medications.
Carolyn Fields is charged with embezzlement and drug possession. Police say Fields is accused of illegally diverting an unknown amount of pills while working as a pharmacy technician at Rite Aid in Coeburn, Virginia.
According to Attorney General Mark Herring's office it happened between December 2013 and April 2014.
Police say fields admitted taking eight 100-count bottles of medication -- three used for pain and five used to treat anxiety and panic disorders.
Her license has been suspended pending a hearing.
She is scheduled to be tried on August 8.
- ETSU student charged following gorilla mask incident at Black Lives Matter protest
- Carter County deputy, former 'Southern Justice' star, charged with murder
- Updated Recovery action walk raises awareness in Wise County
- Police searching for kidnapping suspect
- Southwest VA school gets national recognition