RUSSELL COUNTY, Va. - A Russell County pharmacy tech had her license suspended after police say she stole medications.
Carolyn Fields is charged with embezzlement and drug possession. Police say Fields is accused of illegally diverting an unknown amount of pills while working as a pharmacy technician at Rite Aid in Coeburn, Virginia.
According to Attorney General Mark Herring's office it happened between December 2013 and April 2014.
Police say fields admitted taking eight 100-count bottles of medication -- three used for pain and five used to treat anxiety and panic disorders.
Her license has been suspended pending a hearing.
She is scheduled to be tried on August 8.
- Updated Fire in Abingdon sends man to hospital
- School board picks plan for new Boone's Creek school, discusses redistricting issue
- Is the election stressing you out? You're not alone.
- Avoca community rallies for girl's Diabetes service dog
- Court: Greeneville bank manager embezzled more than $1 million