CASTLEWOOD, Va. - An oil spill from the basement of a Castlewood, Virginia home ended up in a creek over the weekend.
Authorities found approximately 10 gallons of oil spilling out of a home at 90 Neece Street.
People in the home tell deputies the oil came from two separate 275-gallon home heating tanks given to them to sell for scrap metal.
We're told the oil has been cleaned up, and the creek is oil-free.
- Updated Johnson County woman recovering after vicious dog attack
- New Law enforcement search for dangerous inmate that escaped from local jail
- New Johnson City woman honored by Girl Scouts of the Southern Appalachians
- Updated Johnson City Cardinals may break 20 year attendance record
- Updated Local bank holding 5K run to raise money for Niswonger Children's Hospital