CASTLEWOOD, Va. - An oil spill from the basement of a Castlewood, Virginia home ended up in a creek over the weekend.
Authorities found approximately 10 gallons of oil spilling out of a home at 90 Neece Street.
People in the home tell deputies the oil came from two separate 275-gallon home heating tanks given to them to sell for scrap metal.
We're told the oil has been cleaned up, and the creek is oil-free.
- Final contract signed to transfer Sullivan North to Kingsport City Schools
- Gov. amends SWVa. lawmaker's bill to raise fine for driving slowly in left lane
- Neighbors propose traffic mural for Johnson City Tree Streets
- Enjoying record high heat in February
- "Compassion International" exhibition in Gray this weekend