RUSSELL COUNTY, Va. - The attorney for a man accused of shooting and killing his wife in Russell County wants a psychological evaluation for his client, and the judge granted the request.
Jack Crabtree is charged with second degree murder in the shooting death of his wife Bertha Crabtree.
Russell County deputies say the shooting happened on Cleveland Heights road in the town of Cleveland in early February. Click here to read more.
They have not said what led to the shooting.
- UPDATE: 29-year-old miner suffers several broken bones in Buchanan County
- Dozens disappointed after local legislators a no-show at meeting in Johnson City
- Crews will scale back the search effort for a missing man on South Holston Lake
- Democratic candidate for Virginia Governor discusses improving Southwest Virginia economy
- One person dead in Sunday morning car crash