An early morning fire in Russell County, Virginia left a house gutted in Lebanon and a family of five staying with relatives.
The fire started around 5:30 Thursday morning on Trigg Drive. The cause of the fire is unknown at this time and is under investigation.
The American Red Cross Mountain Empire Chapter is helping the family with emergency needs.
This marks the 16th house fire in the county this season.
- Court: Greeneville bank manager embezzled more than $1 million
- Local police agencies offering drug take-back services Saturday
- Domtar announces reduced production at Kingsport plant
- Virginia voter registration deadline extended through Friday
- School board picks plan for new Boone's Creek school, discusses redistricting issue