RUSSELL COUNTY, Va. - Virginia State Police say icy roads led to a Swords Creek man's death Thursday morning.
They say 22-year-old James D. Hess died in a crash on Route 632 in Russell County.
Police say around 2:40 a.m. his Blazer ran off the road, went over a hill and ended up in a creek upside down. We're told the vehicle was submerged in three feet of water.
Hess died at the scene, according to police.
- Kidnapping suspect still on the run, after statewide AMBER Alert is canceled
- Lightning strikes BVU sub station in North Bristol, 3,700 customers without power
- Johnson City woman forces her way into occupied motel room
- Thousands of flags placed on veterans' graves for Memorial day
- Foreign suspect sends bomb threat by fax to Meadowview Center in Kingsport