RUSSELL COUNTY, Va. - Virginia State Police say icy roads led to a Swords Creek man's death Thursday morning.
They say 22-year-old James D. Hess died in a crash on Route 632 in Russell County.
Police say around 2:40 a.m. his Blazer ran off the road, went over a hill and ended up in a creek upside down. We're told the vehicle was submerged in three feet of water.
Hess died at the scene, according to police.
- Five people running for three seats on Johnson City Commission
- Weighing options for ambulance services in Hawkins County
- Animal shelter needs help with overcrowding, charging less for adoption
- Local firefighters had rare opportunity to train in a real life setting
- Tri Cities Regional Airport celebrates completion of construction