RUSSELL COUNTY, Va. - Virginia State Police say icy roads led to a Swords Creek man's death Thursday morning.
They say 22-year-old James D. Hess died in a crash on Route 632 in Russell County.
Police say around 2:40 a.m. his Blazer ran off the road, went over a hill and ended up in a creek upside down. We're told the vehicle was submerged in three feet of water.
Hess died at the scene, according to police.
- ETSU student charged following gorilla mask incident at Black Lives Matter protest
- Carter County deputy, former 'Southern Justice' star, charged with murder
- New Southwest VA school gets national recognition
- New Vance Middle School receives big honor
- New Joe Lasher Jr. playing benefit concert for Second Harvest