RUSSELL COUNTY, Va. - Virginia State Police say icy roads led to a Swords Creek man's death Thursday morning.
They say 22-year-old James D. Hess died in a crash on Route 632 in Russell County.
Police say around 2:40 a.m. his Blazer ran off the road, went over a hill and ended up in a creek upside down. We're told the vehicle was submerged in three feet of water.
Hess died at the scene, according to police.
- Select children's tickets to be $10 for Cup Series events at Bristol Motor Speedway
- Public invited to give input on proposed hospital merger
- Mount Caramel police officer suspended on first day back to work
- Updated Voter registrars work to clarify restored voting rights
- Additional charges given to Sullivan County man charged with rape