RUSSELL COUNTY, Va. - Virginia State Police say icy roads led to a Swords Creek man's death Thursday morning.
They say 22-year-old James D. Hess died in a crash on Route 632 in Russell County.
Police say around 2:40 a.m. his Blazer ran off the road, went over a hill and ended up in a creek upside down. We're told the vehicle was submerged in three feet of water.
Hess died at the scene, according to police.
- UPDATE: 29-year-old miner suffers several broken bones in Buchanan County
- New Crews will scale back the search effort for a missing man on South Holston Lake
- Democratic candidate for Virginia Governor discusses improving Southwest Virginia economy
- One person dead in Sunday morning car crash
- Dozens of vendors showcase businesses at Home and Garden Show in Johnson City