RUSSELL COUNTY, Va. - St. Paul, Virginia police arrested a man they say broke the bones of a baby around two months old.
Evan Johnson is charged with two counts of child abuse.
St. Paul police say the child was admitted to the Niswonger Children's Hospital in Johnson City on November 2 with broken ribs and a broken leg. They say that baby has been in custody of social services since that day.
Police say Johnson was the baby's mother's boyfriend. He was arrested in Russell County, Virginia Wednesday morning.
- Kidnapping suspect still on the run, after statewide AMBER Alert is canceled
- Lightning strikes BVU sub station in North Bristol, 3,700 customers without power
- Johnson City woman forces her way into occupied motel room
- Thousands of flags placed on veterans' graves for Memorial day
- Foreign suspect sends bomb threat by fax to Meadowview Center in Kingsport