RUSSELL COUNTY, Va. - St. Paul, Virginia police arrested a man they say broke the bones of a baby around two months old.
Evan Johnson is charged with two counts of child abuse.
St. Paul police say the child was admitted to the Niswonger Children's Hospital in Johnson City on November 2 with broken ribs and a broken leg. They say that baby has been in custody of social services since that day.
Police say Johnson was the baby's mother's boyfriend. He was arrested in Russell County, Virginia Wednesday morning.
- ETSU student charged following gorilla mask incident at Black Lives Matter protest
- Carter County deputy, former 'Southern Justice' star, charged with murder
- ETSU administration quickly organizes meeting to start conversations about race
- Recovery action walk raises awareness in Wise County
- Police searching for kidnapping suspect