RUSSELL COUNTY, Va. - St. Paul, Virginia police arrested a man they say broke the bones of a baby around two months old.
Evan Johnson is charged with two counts of child abuse.
St. Paul police say the child was admitted to the Niswonger Children's Hospital in Johnson City on November 2 with broken ribs and a broken leg. They say that baby has been in custody of social services since that day.
Police say Johnson was the baby's mother's boyfriend. He was arrested in Russell County, Virginia Wednesday morning.
- Final contract signed to transfer Sullivan North to Kingsport City Schools
- Gov. amends SWVa. lawmaker's bill to raise fine for driving slowly in left lane
- Neighbors propose traffic mural for Johnson City Tree Streets
- Enjoying record high heat in February
- "Compassion International" exhibition in Gray this weekend