RUSSELL COUNTY, Va. - St. Paul, Virginia police arrested a man they say broke the bones of a baby around two months old.
Evan Johnson is charged with two counts of child abuse.
St. Paul police say the child was admitted to the Niswonger Children's Hospital in Johnson City on November 2 with broken ribs and a broken leg. They say that baby has been in custody of social services since that day.
Police say Johnson was the baby's mother's boyfriend. He was arrested in Russell County, Virginia Wednesday morning.
- Johnson City man found guilty of second degree murder
- Five people running for three seats on Johnson City Commission
- Weighing options for ambulance services in Hawkins County
- Animal shelter needs help with overcrowding, charging less for adoption
- Local firefighters had rare opportunity to train in a real life setting