RUSSELL COUNTY, Va. - St. Paul, Virginia police arrested a man they say broke the bones of a baby around two months old.
Evan Johnson is charged with two counts of child abuse.
St. Paul police say the child was admitted to the Niswonger Children's Hospital in Johnson City on November 2 with broken ribs and a broken leg. They say that baby has been in custody of social services since that day.
Police say Johnson was the baby's mother's boyfriend. He was arrested in Russell County, Virginia Wednesday morning.
- UPDATE: 29-year-old miner suffers several broken bones in Buchanan County
- Dozens of vendors showcase businesses at Home and Garden Show in Johnson City
- Volunteer regional crews assisting in search for Matt Ragan on South Holston Lake
- ‘Polar Plunge for Christ' raises money to prevent teen suicide
- MSHA, Wellmont address merger application delays, what's next