HONAKER, Va. - A Russell County, Virginia man is in jail and another is in the hospital after a shooting in Honaker Wednesday night.
According to Major Bill Watson, it happened on Chestnut Road. He says Kenny Alan Taylor had been shot in the chest.
Taylor was taken to Bristol Regional Medical Center and is in stable condition.
Watson tells us officers arrested 60-year-old Masel Lee Taylor. Taylor is charged with aggravated malicious wounding, using a firearm in a crime, shooting inside a home and for being a convicted felon with a gun.
Watson says the two men got into a fight. He says Masel is Kenny's uncle.
- Pastor's wife charged with embezzling from church in Kingsport
- Four charged in Church Hill home invasion case
- FTC, Wellmont and MSHA speak in front of SWVa. Health Authority
- VP candidate Pence not hurt when plane skids off runway
- Chelsea Clinton garnering young voters at Appalachian State University