RUSSELL COUNTY, Va. - A Russell County, Virginia man faces child abuse and abduction charges after an Amber Alert was activated for his son.
The Russell County Sheriff's Office believes 67-year-old Jimmy Guinn took his son Lucas Guinn on Wednesday night.
Deputies found Lucas Friday morning in Washington County, Virginia on Industrial Park Road. We're told Jimmy Guinn was taken into custody.
Investigator say Lucas had been taken to Michigan and traveled back though West Virginia since his disappearance.
Jimmy Guinn is charged with one felony count of child abuse and one felony county of child abduction; we're told additional charges are pending.
Guinn was being held at the Southwest Virginia Regional Jail without bond as of Friday afternoon.
- Updated UPDATE: ETSU issues statement on student intimidating Black Lives Matter protest
- Updated Carter County deputy, former 'Southern Justice' star, charged with murder
- New ETSU student charged with intimidation for gorilla mask act at Black Lives Matter protest
- Updated Buchanan County holds highest unemployment rate in Virginia
- Senators ask Justice Department to investigate EpiPen maker