RUSSELL COUNTY, Va. - A Russell County, Virginia man faces child abuse and abduction charges after an Amber Alert was activated for his son.
The Russell County Sheriff's Office believes 67-year-old Jimmy Guinn took his son Lucas Guinn on Wednesday night.
Deputies found Lucas Friday morning in Washington County, Virginia on Industrial Park Road. We're told Jimmy Guinn was taken into custody.
Investigator say Lucas had been taken to Michigan and traveled back though West Virginia since his disappearance.
Jimmy Guinn is charged with one felony count of child abuse and one felony county of child abduction; we're told additional charges are pending.
Guinn was being held at the Southwest Virginia Regional Jail without bond as of Friday afternoon.
- IN LIKE A LION: Potential for strong storms on Wednesday
- BMS and Buffalo Wild Wings host Daytona 500 watch parties in the Tri-Cities
- Police say man on drugs led officials on hour-long chase in Johnson City
- Police: Car plows into parade crowd in New Orleans; 12 hurt
- VA Gubernatorial Candidate campaigning in Southwest Virginia