RUSSELL COUNTY, Va. - A Russell County man is charged with murder after police say he did not care for his incapacitated wife.
Investigators say family members found Sandra Lynn Blankenship in her home in what is described as a 'neglected state' on September 18, 2013.
She was taken to the Russell County Medical Center, where she died three days later.
Her husband, Coy Lee Blankenship, was indicted this week on Felony Murder and Neglect of an Incapacitated Adult by a special called session of the grand jury.
He's currently in jail without bond.
- Updated Dolly Parton films final scenes at Dollywood for her new Christmas movie
- New Bristol, Va. police officer, involved in domestic dispute, under investigation
- New Officials ask public for help in search for escaped Washington Co., Tenn. inmate
- U.S. Marshals offering a reward for tips in the capture of Timothy England
- Former Kingsport armory coming down for commercial development