RUSSELL COUNTY, Va. - A Russell County man is charged with murder after police say he did not care for his incapacitated wife.
Investigators say family members found Sandra Lynn Blankenship in her home in what is described as a 'neglected state' on September 18, 2013.
She was taken to the Russell County Medical Center, where she died three days later.
Her husband, Coy Lee Blankenship, was indicted this week on Felony Murder and Neglect of an Incapacitated Adult by a special called session of the grand jury.
He's currently in jail without bond.
- Updated US internet disrupted as key firm gets hit by cyberattack
- Updated Pulse Nightclub gates open for unveiling of new memorial
- Early Friday fire in Abingdon sends man to hospital
- School board picks plan for new Boone's Creek school, discusses redistricting issue
- Is the election stressing you out? You're not alone.