RUSSELL COUNTY, Va. - A Russell County man is charged with murder after police say he did not care for his incapacitated wife.
Investigators say family members found Sandra Lynn Blankenship in her home in what is described as a 'neglected state' on September 18, 2013.
She was taken to the Russell County Medical Center, where she died three days later.
Her husband, Coy Lee Blankenship, was indicted this week on Felony Murder and Neglect of an Incapacitated Adult by a special called session of the grand jury.
He's currently in jail without bond.
- Updated Umpire at Little League World Series is from Abindgon
- Updated Take a two-day train excursion through West Virginia
- Updated Workforce development grant providing students training opportunities
- Local kids get an educational tour of the Appalachian Fair
- Lee County man sentenced to 13 years for sexual assault against minor