RUSSELL COUNTY, Va. - A Russell County man is charged with murder after police say he did not care for his incapacitated wife.
Investigators say family members found Sandra Lynn Blankenship in her home in what is described as a 'neglected state' on September 18, 2013.
She was taken to the Russell County Medical Center, where she died three days later.
Her husband, Coy Lee Blankenship, was indicted this week on Felony Murder and Neglect of an Incapacitated Adult by a special called session of the grand jury.
He's currently in jail without bond.
- New Man with bladed gloves, clown makeup held in Denver stabbing
- New US Postal Service issues new Thoreau stamp at Walden Pond
- New Derby Day event raises $31,000 for hunger prevention programs in Greene Co.
- Philadelphia man who spent 24 years in prison is exonerated
- Wise County authorities search for missing woman