RUSSELL, CO., Va. - A local woman and her child were sent to the hospital after authorities tell us she was texting and driving.
Virginia State Police tell us Jennifer Street was heading eastbound on Route 80. Officers say she crossed the center line while using her p hone on Blackford Bridge in Russell County, Virginia. That's when authorities say she struck another vehicle traveling west.
Street's child and the driver of the other vehicle were also taken to the hospital, but they are expected to be okay.
We're told Street was flown to Bristol Regional Medical Center, where she is listed in fair condition.
She is being charged with reckless driving and texting while driving. Troopers tell us more charges are possible.
- Police: Woman dead following shooting in Sullivan County
- Warrant issued, suspect at large in Washington County, Va. shooting
- Bristol, Tenn. man receives 20 years on federal child porn charge
- Police: Roan Mountain fire fighter charged with arson
- Updated Chelsea Clinton at Appalachian State Thursday for early voting event