RUSSELL, CO., Va. - A local woman and her child were sent to the hospital after authorities tell us she was texting and driving.
Virginia State Police tell us Jennifer Street was heading eastbound on Route 80. Officers say she crossed the center line while using her p hone on Blackford Bridge in Russell County, Virginia. That's when authorities say she struck another vehicle traveling west.
Street's child and the driver of the other vehicle were also taken to the hospital, but they are expected to be okay.
We're told Street was flown to Bristol Regional Medical Center, where she is listed in fair condition.
She is being charged with reckless driving and texting while driving. Troopers tell us more charges are possible.
- New Serial burglar guilty of costly raid at Simon Cowell's home
- New Pedestrian killed trying to cross interstate in Asheville
- Trial date set for Sullivan County man charged with child sex crimes
- Man sentenced after trying to bring meth to Lee County inmates
- Supreme Court may strike law barring sex offenders from social media