A Honaker, Virginia man was found guilty Tuesday by a Russell County grand jury for his role in the death of a passenger in another car in a 2015 crash.
Clinard Gary Lambert, 54, was convicted of aggravated involuntary manslaughter and driving under the influence of drugs following the two-day trial, according to a report issued by Commonwealth's Attorney Brian Patton. The jury recommended a sentence of seven years in prison and a $1,500 fine.
Witnesses testified that Lambert has just left a methadone clinic prior to the collision on Big A Mountain in March 2015 that killed Forrest River Ramey, 27. Lambert's blood work taken following the wreck revealed meth and other controlled substances, the report said.
Sentencing is set for September 26.
- President Trump and family now land owners in Hawkins County
- Businesses in downtown Marion deck the windows for holiday contest
- UPDATE: Bristol, Tennessee man sentenced to 10 years for child sex crimes
- Sullivan County Highway Department has new tools to clear slippery roads
- UPDATE: Governor Haslam offers $5K reward for info on Bristol Walmart murder