RUSSELL COUNTY, Va. - A former middle school teacher in Russell County, Virginia lost an appeal Tuesday.
She was convicted back in January of last year of having an inappropriate relationship with a student. Connie Beth Klewer is a former eighth grade science teacher who sent sexually explicit images and messages to a 14-year-old boy.
She was sentenced to more than 20 years in prison.
In her appeal she claimed the photos of her breasts that she sent to the boy were not "sexual parts" as defined by law.
The appeals court ruled today she could not raise that claim on appeal because she did not bring it up at trial.
- ETSU student charged following gorilla mask incident at Black Lives Matter protest
- Carter County deputy, former 'Southern Justice' star, charged with murder
- ETSU administration quickly organizes meeting to start conversations about race
- Recovery action walk raises awareness in Wise County
- Police searching for kidnapping suspect