RUSSELL COUNTY, Va. - A former middle school teacher in Russell County, Virginia lost an appeal Tuesday.
She was convicted back in January of last year of having an inappropriate relationship with a student. Connie Beth Klewer is a former eighth grade science teacher who sent sexually explicit images and messages to a 14-year-old boy.
She was sentenced to more than 20 years in prison.
In her appeal she claimed the photos of her breasts that she sent to the boy were not "sexual parts" as defined by law.
The appeals court ruled today she could not raise that claim on appeal because she did not bring it up at trial.
- Updated Figure skater Scott Hamilton diagnosed with 3rd brain tumor
- Life Care agrees to pay $145 million for role in false claims to Medicare, TRICARE
- Trial in Carter County begins for man accused of trying to kill deputy while in jail
- Third suspect in Nashville tourist's death arrested
- Virginia city may consider "In God We Trust" motto for its city hall