RUSSELL COUNTY, Va. - A former middle school teacher in Russell County, Virginia lost an appeal Tuesday.
She was convicted back in January of last year of having an inappropriate relationship with a student. Connie Beth Klewer is a former eighth grade science teacher who sent sexually explicit images and messages to a 14-year-old boy.
She was sentenced to more than 20 years in prison.
In her appeal she claimed the photos of her breasts that she sent to the boy were not "sexual parts" as defined by law.
The appeals court ruled today she could not raise that claim on appeal because she did not bring it up at trial.
- Bristol, Va. firefighters post billboards ahead of public hearing
- Two boys charged with reckless burning in Kingsport IGA fire
- Instantly healing technology tested on human in Kingsport
- Union High School Marching Bears performing in National Memorial Day Parade
- Red Onion inmate, D.C. sniper teen could get new trial