RUSSELL COUNTY, Va. - It's at least 70 years for a former elementary school janitor who pleaded guilty to sexually assaulting children at the school.
41-year-old Bobby Joe Gobble entered his plea Thursday morning to charges of sodomy, attempted sodomy, and aggravated sexual battery.
Gobble was accused of sexually assaulting four victims, all 14 or younger, while he worked as a janitor at Lebanon Elementary School. He stopped working there after his arrest in February.
Gobble was sentenced to 100 years in prison and must serve at least 70-years.
- Rabies vaccinations offered in Southwest Virginia
- Sports injury seminar aimed to teach coaches how to keep athletes healthy
- Children given free winter coats at the 17th annual Coats For Kids
- Unusual investigation leads to arrest of Bristol, Va. man
- Local agencies participating in National Drug Take-Back Day