RUSSELL COUNTY, Va. - It's at least 70 years for a former elementary school janitor who pleaded guilty to sexually assaulting children at the school.
41-year-old Bobby Joe Gobble entered his plea Thursday morning to charges of sodomy, attempted sodomy, and aggravated sexual battery.
Gobble was accused of sexually assaulting four victims, all 14 or younger, while he worked as a janitor at Lebanon Elementary School. He stopped working there after his arrest in February.
Gobble was sentenced to 100 years in prison and must serve at least 70-years.
- Johnson City man found guilty of second degree murder
- Five people running for three seats on Johnson City Commission
- Weighing options for ambulance services in Hawkins County
- Animal shelter needs help with overcrowding, charging less for adoption
- Local firefighters had rare opportunity to train in a real life setting