CASTLEWOOD, Va. - A family is without a home after a fire destroyed their mobile home.
It happened on Old Temple Drive in Castlewood, Virignia. Russell County emergency officials tell us one of the family members contacted crews after she heard a sizzling sound and saw smoke coming from a breaker box.
The family is staying with their daughter until the home is repaired or replaced.
The Mountain Empire Chapter of the American Red Cross is providing aid to the family.
If you would like to make a donation you can contact the Red Cross at 276-645-6650.
- New 'Aerial Adventure' ropes course opens at ETSU
- Confederate nurse honored more than 150 years after Civil War
- Gov. Haslam hosts Appalachian Regional Commission conference
- Multiple agencies search for escaped inmate out of Washington County, Tenn.
- Local recycling practices both benefit and cost their cities