CASTLEWOOD, Va. - A family is without a home after a fire destroyed their mobile home.
It happened on Old Temple Drive in Castlewood, Virignia. Russell County emergency officials tell us one of the family members contacted crews after she heard a sizzling sound and saw smoke coming from a breaker box.
The family is staying with their daughter until the home is repaired or replaced.
The Mountain Empire Chapter of the American Red Cross is providing aid to the family.
If you would like to make a donation you can contact the Red Cross at 276-645-6650.
- Updated Three injured at Volusia Speedway Park when car crashes into stands
- Updated State Police: Man killed in Wise County, VA crash
- Former Derby, Preakness winner Charismatic dies
- Dozens disappointed after local legislators a no-show at meeting in Johnson City
- Crews will scale back the search effort for a missing man on South Holston Lake