LEBANON, Va. - A fire leaves a family in Russell County without a place to call home.
Emergency Management Director Jess Powers tells us the fire happened just after 8:30 Wednesday night at a home on State Route 71 in Lebanon.
We're told no one was home at the time. The home is a total loss.
The American Red Cross is providing assistance to the family.
The cause of the fire is under investigation.
Powers tells us this is the 20th structure fire since October 1st, 2013 in Russell County.
- Updated Highway 421 to reopen Tuesday between Mountain City and Shady Valley
- Updated Buchanan County drug roundup leads to over 20 arrests
- Updated Report: Presidential Debate captures 80.9 million viewers
- Bluff City tagged with $25,000 fine from state for sewer violation
- Man accused of killing father in Buchanan County appears in court