LEBANON, Va. - A fire leaves a family in Russell County without a place to call home.
Emergency Management Director Jess Powers tells us the fire happened just after 8:30 Wednesday night at a home on State Route 71 in Lebanon.
We're told no one was home at the time. The home is a total loss.
The American Red Cross is providing assistance to the family.
The cause of the fire is under investigation.
Powers tells us this is the 20th structure fire since October 1st, 2013 in Russell County.
- UPDATE: 29-year-old miner suffers several broken bones in Buchanan County
- Dozens disappointed after local legislators a no-show at meeting in Johnson City
- Crews will scale back the search effort for a missing man on South Holston Lake
- Democratic candidate for Virginia Governor discusses improving Southwest Virginia economy
- One person dead in Sunday morning car crash