RUSSELL COUNTY, Va. - A man is behind bars tonight after Russell County deputies say he stabbed his brother.
At around 4:30 p.m. Tuesday Russell County Sheriff's Department got a call from the Horton Ridge Community on reports of a stabbing. When deputies arrived they learned that Ricky Lee Kiser stabbed his brother Larry Kiser twice in the face and once in the arm.
After being stabbed, Larry ran to a neighbors house, when Ricky then set his brother's house on fire.
Ricky Kiser is being charged with arson, aggravated malicious wounding and attempted murder. He is in the regional jail without bond.
- UPDATE: 29-year-old miner suffers several broken bones in Buchanan County
- Dozens of vendors showcase businesses at Home and Garden Show in Johnson City
- Volunteer regional crews assisting in search for Matt Ragan on South Holston Lake
- ‘Polar Plunge for Christ' raises money to prevent teen suicide
- MSHA, Wellmont address merger application delays, what's next