RUSSELL COUNTY, Va. - A family is without a home after a fire destroys their Russell County, Virginia house.
Russell County authorities tell us that fire happened at the home on Coal Lane in Cleveland, Virginia just after seven o'clock Tuesday night. Fire crews believe the fire was started by a candle which ignited drapes in the home.
Four family members were inside at the time of the blaze, and they, along with their two dogs, escaped safely. We're told, they will be staying with other family members until they find another place.
The American Red Cross is helping the family with emergency food and clothing.
- Bristol, Va. firefighters post billboards ahead of public hearing
- Two boys charged with reckless burning in Kingsport IGA fire
- Instantly healing technology tested on human in Kingsport
- Union High School Marching Bears performing in National Memorial Day Parade
- Red Onion inmate, D.C. sniper teen could get new trial