RUSSELL COUNTY, Va. - A Southwest Virginia inmate who was on the run for more than 10 hours is back in custody.
The Appalachian Detention Center Corrections Department tells News 5 20-year-old Kendall Lee Larock escaped Thursday morning, after leaving a court-ordered program in Honaker, Virginia.
The Russell County Sheriff's Office says Larock was found Thursday night after, they say, he broke into a home in the Belfast Community and stole several items.
Larock now faces new charges of felony escape, breaking and entering, grand larceny, resisting arrest, tampering with a motor vehicle and petty larceny. He was already serving sentences for burglary and drug convictions.
- Final contract signed to transfer Sullivan North to Kingsport City Schools
- Gov. amends SWVa. lawmaker's bill to raise fine for driving slowly in left lane
- Neighbors propose traffic mural for Johnson City Tree Streets
- Enjoying record high heat in February
- "Compassion International" exhibition in Gray this weekend