RUSSELL COUNTY, Va. - A Southwest Virginia inmate who was on the run for more than 10 hours is back in custody.
The Appalachian Detention Center Corrections Department tells News 5 20-year-old Kendall Lee Larock escaped Thursday morning, after leaving a court-ordered program in Honaker, Virginia.
The Russell County Sheriff's Office says Larock was found Thursday night after, they say, he broke into a home in the Belfast Community and stole several items.
Larock now faces new charges of felony escape, breaking and entering, grand larceny, resisting arrest, tampering with a motor vehicle and petty larceny. He was already serving sentences for burglary and drug convictions.
- Rabies vaccinations offered in Southwest Virginia
- Sports injury seminar aimed to teach coaches how to keep athletes healthy
- Children given free winter coats at the 17th annual Coats For Kids
- Unusual investigation leads to arrest of Bristol, Va. man
- Local agencies participating in National Drug Take-Back Day