RUSSELL COUNTY, Va. - A live search and rescue exercise takes place at a local college Monday. Southwest Virginia Community College, along with Tazewell and Russell County authorities will participate in the exercise.
Russell County authorities tell News 5, the purpose is to provide an opportunity to assess threats to public safety and emergency response resources. Participants in Monday's exercise include law enforcement agencies, emergency managers, government officials and more. Several emergency vehicles will be on campus, as well.
Officials say, the exercise will take place in the picnic area parking lot, walking trail and the armory.
- GOP opens new campaign spot in Washington County Tennessee
- Johnson City hosts first Kidney Foundation charity walk in the region
- Virginia State Police investigate deadly motorcycle crash
- Blood drive honors recovering Volunteer Parkway shooting victim
- Buchanan County Sheriff's Office investigates death of elderly man