HONAKER, Va. - Russell County authorities tell us they are receiving conflicting reports today as they continue to investigate an early morning shooting.
They're working to see if charges need to be filed in this case.
It happened in Honaker just after 1 a.m. on Thursday. We've learned one person was shot in the neck.
The victim was taken to Bristol Regional Medical Center.
There is a joint investigation on this shooting between Tazewell County and Russell County sheriff's departments. They tell us they have questioned the shooter.
- ETSU student charged following gorilla mask incident at Black Lives Matter protest
- Carter County deputy, former 'Southern Justice' star, charged with murder
- Updated Recovery action walk raises awareness in Wise County
- Police searching for kidnapping suspect
- Southwest VA school gets national recognition