HONAKER, Va. - Russell County authorities tell us they are receiving conflicting reports today as they continue to investigate an early morning shooting.
They're working to see if charges need to be filed in this case.
It happened in Honaker just after 1 a.m. on Thursday. We've learned one person was shot in the neck.
The victim was taken to Bristol Regional Medical Center.
There is a joint investigation on this shooting between Tazewell County and Russell County sheriff's departments. They tell us they have questioned the shooter.
- New KPS Global completes $1M expansion in Piney Flats facility
- Exide Technologies withdraws application to reopen, News 5 uncovers dozens of violations in its past
- Southwest Virginia leaders focus on re-entry efforts for inmates
- Wise man who stole ginseng roots given probation
- UPDATE: Bristol assisted living worker pleads guilty to assaulting 94-year-old woman