HONAKER, Va. - Russell County authorities tell us they are receiving conflicting reports today as they continue to investigate an early morning shooting.
They're working to see if charges need to be filed in this case.
It happened in Honaker just after 1 a.m. on Thursday. We've learned one person was shot in the neck.
The victim was taken to Bristol Regional Medical Center.
There is a joint investigation on this shooting between Tazewell County and Russell County sheriff's departments. They tell us they have questioned the shooter.
- Johnson City man found guilty of second degree murder
- Five people running for three seats on Johnson City Commission
- Weighing options for ambulance services in Hawkins County
- Animal shelter needs help with overcrowding, charging less for adoption
- Local firefighters had rare opportunity to train in a real life setting