HONAKER, Va. - Russell County authorities tell us they are receiving conflicting reports today as they continue to investigate an early morning shooting.
They're working to see if charges need to be filed in this case.
It happened in Honaker just after 1 a.m. on Thursday. We've learned one person was shot in the neck.
The victim was taken to Bristol Regional Medical Center.
There is a joint investigation on this shooting between Tazewell County and Russell County sheriff's departments. They tell us they have questioned the shooter.
- Police: Woman dead following shooting in Sullivan County
- Warrant issued, suspect at large in Washington County, Va. shooting
- Chelsea Clinton at Appalachian State Thursday for early voting event
- Bristol, Tenn. man receives 20 years on federal child porn charge
- Police: Roan Mountain fire fighter charged with arson