CASTLEWOOD, Va. - Russell County, Virginia Emergency Management says an early morning fire injured an elderly man and left him homeless Monday.
EMA Director Jess Powers says the fire broke out just after midnight on Scarberry Lane in Castlewood.
Officials say the elderly resident received burns to his hands and was treated at the scene. The home was a total loss.
Investigators are still looking for what caused the fire. The man is currently staying with family members.
The 86-year-old man who lived in the home has been referred for consideration at the local housing authority.
If he is accepted for residency, he will need furniture for the bedroom, living room, dining room, kitchen, and personal items since his belongings were all destroyed during the fire.
We've learned he wears 38/30 pants, Large shirts/coats, and size 10 shoes.
Donations can be sent to P.O. Box 997 in Lebanon, VA 24266.
- Pastor's wife charged with embezzling from church in Kingsport
- Four charged in Church Hill home invasion case
- Updated Battle at Bristol 2? Speedway Motorsports won't rule it out
- Updated Virginia settles with Hyundai/Kia in multi-state suit
- Updated King University to suspend admissions to nursing program, close Nashville-area campus